Les Cargos à assistance électrique sont actuellement une tendance forte dans le monde du cycle. Après un démarrage laborieux, l'offre des modèles maintenant disponibles suit la demande toujours en forte croissance. Le nombre des solutions et des applications possibles ne cesse de croitre. ExtraEnergy a donc dédié une partie de ces tests produits à cette catégorie un peu spéciale.
ExtraEnergy intends to put this sector of the market under the microscope next spring with Europe’s most comprehensive cargo pedelec test to date.
When: 21st - 29th April, 2016
15% “Super Early Bird” discount for registration before 31st December 2015
ExtraEnergy has been testing pedelecs and e-bikes since 1992 in Tanna, Germany. Each year ExtraEnergy carries out Spring and Autumn Tests, each with an average of 40 bikes, and these tests are recognised internationally as authoritative benchmarks.
- To give an informed market overview both for industry specialists and end users.
- To raise awareness of e-cargobikes through high-impact mass media partnerships arranged specially for this Test.
- To support the further optimisation of e-cargobikes by means of the test results, which will be intensively discussed with manufacturers before publication.
The test bikes will be divided into two application categories (child transport and business use) as well as into four vehicle categories: single track, with or without extended wheelbase; multi-track; and heavy transport for payloads over 100 kg.
The test will run under real world conditions at the well-proven ExtraEnergy test circuit in Tanna, which was also used for the first cargobike test in Autumn 2013. ExtraEnergy’s unique and specially-developed measurement technology will gather data during the test rides to determine key metrics including range, power assist levels and drive efficiency.
In a separate Ergonomics Test the everyday usability and intuitive operation of the bikes will be evaluated. An extra test will examine the ergonomics of add-ons for child-carrying or business use.
The concept, implementation and media work for this special e-cargobike test will be supported by cargo bike experts Wasilis von Rauch (e-Rad Hafen) and Arne Behrensen (cargobike.jetzt). Their project for the Verkehrsclub Deutschland (VCD), called “Cargo on Bikes!”, was a pioneering initiative for the cargo bike sector. There will also be a visitor's day when test participants, additional cargobike experts and media partners will be invited to Tanna for information exchange and networking.
ExtraEnergy has an ongoing partnership with the e-bike magazine Special-E. This special e-cargobike test will enjoy additional partnerships with a magazine for parents, as well as with trade magazines for trades people and logistics operators.
Costs for test participation
- 3500 Euro for one test bike, 2900 Euro for small manufacturers (up to 10 staff)
- 1000 Euro for re-publication of a bike which has already been tested, or for a second cargo module version of a test bike
- 15% “Super Early Bird” discount for registration up to the 31.12.2015
- 10% “Early Bird” discount for registration up to the 29.2.2016
- Binding registration from now on
- Closing date for registration and deadline for delivery of bikes: 20th April 2016
- Testing: 21st to 29th April 2016
- Trade Day for selected trade visitors, journalists, and for manufacturer discussions: 27th April 2016
- Publication of “Special-E” and via other media partners: May/June
- ExtraEnergy publication: Summer 2016
- Presentation of test winners at the ExtraEnergy exhibition space at EUROBIKE in Friedrichshafen, Germany: 31st August – 4th September 2016
To register, or with any queries, please contact:
Wasilis von Rauch>> email@example.com>> www.eradhafen.de
Copy: Text: ExtraEnergy Test GmbH, Arne Behrensen, Wasilis von Rauch
Picture: Urban Arrow
Translation: Peter Eland
Online publication: Angela Budde
16 November 2015
Last update: 17 November 2015