Best Practice: The company bike as motivation.
LeaseRad GmbH was founded in 2008 by Ulrich Prediger in the GreenCity of Freiburg. This sustainable mobility service provider hires out bicycles, pedelecs and e-bikes. The focus is on service cycles for company and municipal mobility.
- Actively contributes to environmental protection and transport improvements
- Supports a positive, sustainable and innovative image for employers
Advantages for Employees
- Actively contributes to employee health
Advantages for Employers
- Get the latest pedelec every 2 to 3 years without any personal capital expenditure
- Pay for the lease installments out of gross salary
- Advantageous tax setup makes it much cheaper than buying
DO IT YOURSELF
- High motivation factor with no additional costs.
Translation: Peter Eland, prepared within the EU GoPedelec! project: GoPedelec! Handbook (German version), Go Pedelec! Handbook in Czech, Dutch, English, Hungarian, and Italian
- Organise company pedelec try-out events
- Within the company, inform staff about the benefits of pedelecs
- For employees: discuss motivational leasing with the HR Department
- For employers: make employees aware of the attractive pedelec motivational leasing scheme.
Picture: Zieger Metallbearbeitung AG
Online release: Angela Budde
27 September 2012
Updated: 5 November 2012