State of the global pedelec market and technology - where does it go? Key technologies for LEVs which will drive the next 10 years of innovation - part 5.
On 26th November 2019, Hannes Neupert, Chairman ExtraEnergy e.V./Executive Director EnergyBus e.V., talked online at the "Ebike Future Conference".
Topic: State of the global pedelec market and technology - where does it go?
• Self introduction
• Market of pedelecs today
• Market drivers in the past*
• Market drivers today*
• Key technologies for Light Electric Vehicles (LEVs) which will drive the next 10 years of innovation!
• Disruptors? Who will become the "Elon of the Pedelecs"?
Watch part 5 of "Key technologies for Light Electric Vehicles (LEVs) which will drive the next 10 years of innovation!":
>> Key technologies for LEVs - part 5 (vimeo)
Cloud based Identification makes the Difference
The possibility to park any LEV (Light Electric Vehicle) at any public parking place is only possible if the vehicle information could be automatically brought in connection with the owner information. To enable roaming as well check if this vehicle/owner is generally authorized to use these parking services.
What is needed:
"What we would need to harmonize the LEV charging interface is like:
- Database with connections between serial numbers and owners
- Database with all serial numbers of all EnergyBus products
- Vehicle with EnergyBus components e.g. charge lock cable interfaces with the build in MTOM* gateway using GSM, WLAN,...
- User key interface to the product on any online device (e.g. smartphone)
- Database with all registered users owning EnergyBus products
Today, we have a SIM card or an EC card, a unique ID and databases for which we for example allow the machines to check together if they allow to work together", explained Hannes Neupert, Chairman ExtraEnergy e.V./Executive Director EnergyBus e.V. at the "Ebike Future Conference".
"It´s like if you today have a bank card, you take this bank card to your holiday destination to the bank slot and then you put in your ID number, your code for the bank card, and then the bank machine checks with your account if you also have the money which you want to draw.
When all this is OK, it gives you the money.
So, this is kind of internet cloud needed as a secure service behind."
Ebike Future Conference
The full video of Hannes Neupert`s speach and all other conference videos are now available at the conference website:
>> Ebike Future Conference
*only available at www.ebikefuturecon.com
>> Key Technologies for LEVs - Part 4
>> Key Technologies for LEVs - Part 6
*MTOM = Message Transmission Optimization Mechanism
Video recording and lecturing: Hannes Neupert
Video editing and online publication: Angela Budde
Picture: Video screenshot
20th February 2020
Last update: 3rd April 2020